Mr. Popular

Update: you can now check out my wild birthday party shenanigans on YouTube (like/subscribe, por favor):
https://youtu.be/A_lexT1HyVI

I'm not asleep yet so I might as well write something.

I spent the day with "Anna" and her mom, sister and daughter. I went down to Santiago to pick her up and she brought the whole family along, which was actually okay with me. We hung out by the pool, or in it I should say. And the sisters cooked some shrimp in a cilantro sauce that was crazy good over rice and plantains. Lil sis even rebraided my napoy, sunbaked hair for me. Definitely a good day. It's a short trip for them, though. My senorita has to work tomorrow (she does something in the medical field) so I'm taking them back to Santiago in the morning. Anyway, it was nice to have company.



Speaking of which, my phone has been blowing up the last couple of days. Suddenly, now that I'm renting a big ass house with a pool that has coconut trees growing in the backyard I am Mr. Popular with the ladies. Well there you have it, another ingredient in the grand formula: villa with pool. Are you paying attention?


Some more random observations about the DR:

1. The avocados in the DR are massive, light green, and have smooth skin!

2. Hot water and air conditioning are luxuries in the DR. And almost everything runs off of propane.

3. Dominican women don't necessarily shave their legs before they come see

4. Banco Popular let's you withdraw 15,000 pesos. Their ATMs are the best I've found so far.



Comments

Popular Posts