It's My Party and I'll Post What I Want To

Ah man, I'm still up? Here we go again with the not getting any sleep thing...

So today was interesting for one main reason. A couple of weeks ago, I was invited to join Paradise Lyfe,
a group chat for like minded travelers to the DR. Anyway, group rules prohibit me from getting into the details of what is discussed there. However, I will enter the gray area enough to talk about the drama that unfolded today.

I posted the video from my bday pool party to YouTube [https://youtu.be/A_lexT1HyVI]. It is basically me and three women goofing off in the pool. While it is firmly in the NSFW camp, you would be hard pressed to call it graphic of hardcore or any of that. It is women shaking their butts in bathing suits. Nothing new.

So some of the guys in the group chat complained about the video not being something you place on YouTube. Reasons varied from "videos like this make the spot hot", to "the locals are going to be mad at you for posting this" to "you can go to jail for showing these girls' faces in the video". Okay, so, a lot to unpack, and I certainly unloaded my opinion on the haters. But I'll just say this: I don't get down with any form of hypocrisy. DR is not a chaste nation. So I don't want anyone, whether it is an expat, a local bartender or the chief of police accusing me of being unethical by posting a video of women who I paid to show up at a party and entertain me when they knew they were being filmed, and participated in the production.

Right hand in the air, honest to God, I would not want to live in a country that restricts posting my birthday party highlights to YouTube. So there you have it. If for whatever reason I get into confrontation with law enforcement here regarding MY video that I shot on my camera... that's the end of my DR exploration. I don't have time for the nonsense.

Anyway, funny how writing makes you sleepy.

When you have a chance, check out the video, and the others I recently posted. Like/Subscribe, and thank you.

Comments

Popular Posts