1 Week in the DR

I finally got my phone card! My buddy out here added me to his account. I put about $40 on it so I can have phone and internet. I have a new number with this SIM card but my WhatsApp operates exactly the same.

And I think I have the wifi situation resolved. Miss Ana gave me a different login that seems to have a better signal. That's a big improvement because I'm trying to do a little video editing and I need internet access to use Davinci Resolve. Oh, and I talked her into loaning me the microwave. It's from like 1995 or something. I don't think they even use it.

Aside from that one chore, yesterday I spent most of the day inside, or on the balcony rather. My lady friend, who we'll call Alice, was with me. She's here today too. She's all smiles and laughter and latin music. I call her diosa de divertida, the goddess of fun. She's good company, but like the Las Vegas Strip a good 48 hours with her is probably enough!

Today is going to be pretty much a rerun. Although... there are a lot more clouds in the sky and it is cooler this morning, thank God. Maybe we'll walk down to the local corner store and pick up a six pack of beers and another bottle of wine. I have some cut up mango and pineapple... I want to get a little slice of watermelon and make some jungle juice (spodie)!

Well, my amiga is cooking some eggs and rice so I'm going to get back to this Utopia Life. Hasta maƱana.

Comments

Popular Posts